Monday, January 23, 2012

Motherhood...no book

     There is nothing in the world greater than being a Mommy. As I lay in bed on a fetal monitor I am thinking please no contractions.I also have my 4 year old working on his homework and trying to figure out what this device is. My mother who has traveled an hour and a half  to help out is washing clothes and ironing the boys clothes for the week. All of this is going through my head as I start work on this blog. Let me try to focus.
My two boys
     Motherhood.....no book has been written to tell you how to be a mother it is all Trial and Love. No, not Error it is love that makes you a Mother, Mom, Mommy, Ma... what ever you prefer to be called. (This is definitely a contraction.)

My mommy with the boys ( at a wedding)
     God blessed me with a Great Mother. I have always love being around my mom (I asked her to be a chaperone on my senior trip) she has been my biggest cheerleader (3 sport high school athlete). I have never heard her swear, seen her drink or do anything to make me ashamed to be her child. She has been my spiritual compass and confident.   I can't imagine what Mommy felt or/ is feeling after losing my brother her baby. Through his sickness and death she has remained strong and prayerful. My mommy has been my reference book she is my Role Model and I can only pray that my boys will turn out as good as my brother.

     I am my boys first teacher and I take pride in knowing that I am responsible for helping them be productive God fearing citizens. We will train up our boys and when they leave this house they will be a reflection of us (my husband and I) and God.


5 comments:

  1. Well Catia, you have once again touched my heart with your words and again I began to cry. You seem to be such a wonderful person, parent, wife and daughter. Your mother must be very proud. It is great to have such a caring and loving mother to help through trying times. I pray that you and your baby will be fine. PLEASE, NO MORE CONTRACTIONS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother has been great. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Catia you have the ability to express your feeling in a way that can touch others. Motherhood is a blessing. We love and nurture our children until they leave to be on their own. Even then, you are and will always be "mommy" to them. You are fortunate to have your mother by your side. My mother passed away when I was fifteen. She was everything to me. She inspired me to become a teacher. It is in her honor that I work so hard. I know she is proud and looking down on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I know that your mother is proud of you. Thank you for your compliment and I am blessed to have my mother by my side.

      Delete
  3. It is indeed a blessing to have a wonderful mother, like you, I have a God fearing mother who has been a wonderful role model for me. I tell her if I can be half the mother to my children as you have been to me, my children will do well. When you talk about the fear of those premature contractions I can relate. I will be praying for you and the healthy delivery of your new baby, just don't deliver right now.

    ReplyDelete