Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Childood Memories


  What are little girls made of, sugar and spice and everything nice but in my case
throw in a pair of sneakers.

     I told you in a previous blog that I always wanted to be a mommy; I also wanted a little girl that would be just like me. I was hoping that this pregnancy would give us that girl …but we are thankful for our son. No, we will not be trying again for a girl.

Parents, cousin and my boys on vacation
      I grew up the oldest in a two parent home with both of my biological parents. I never truly wanted for anything and always felt loved and secure. I have a lot of memories of my childhood:  I can remember shaving my eyebrows when I was little after seeing my dad shave.  I remember spending most of my childhood at my Great-Grandmothers house; because both of my parents worked. My days were spent running and playing outside until my Grandma called me in. I remember the first time I took my father to the basket it was a between the leg bounce pass to the basket for a layup I have never played him again. I have no desire to after that layup. I remember the summer vacations at our time share villa in Florida (we still go) . I could go on... 

     As I think back over my life I am grateful for what my parents were able to give me and my brother. I realize that one of my parents’ goals and all parents are to ensure that they give their children a better way of life than they had.  I am who I am because of the experience/ memories that my parents created for me.
Dad and son creating memories on vacation

6 comments:

  1. Your new little boy will have a WONDERFUL life with WONDERFUL memories created by his WONDERFUL mother. You are a special person and an inspiration to us all Catia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CaTia...I'm really happy for you and congrats on your new addition. I pray that all is well with you and family. I'm reminded of our daughter when she was so young. It was a real treat to see the bond between Mary and her. It still is as strong if not stronger after all the years between. Being a parent is not for cowards and I'm sure you will always make the best of each situation to make learning and meaningful moments of them.

      Delete
  2. I have only corresponded with you through this blog, but I am so happy for you on your new baby. I thought a lot about you since you talked last time about being on a monitor. I was praying that the baby would come without difficulties. I know you wanted a girl, but you are so blessed. Those boys will always make sure MOTHER is taken care of.
    It really makes a difference to have a secure and safe home atmosphere. My parents divorced, but my mother always made sure the home was stable. I always wanted to have a stable home to bring up my children with both their mother and father. The Lord has blessed me with a husband that had the vision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on you new baby Catia. I am very happy for you and your husband. I hope you and your baby are feeling well. It is a blessing bringing a child into this world. Now the work begins! I am sure you and your husband will do a fantastic job. I don't remember if I told you, but I also have two boys. When I had my second boy, I was praying for a girl. It didn't hapen. The Lord has blessed me with two wonderful men. They are men now. Their girlfriends have become my girls. I love them for loving them.

    Note: I added an item on Dysgraphia, a learning disability, to my blog. Sorry for taking so long but I have been very busy for the last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CaTia,
    Congrats on your new bundle, I too have two boys and did not try anymore because with my luck I would have another boy and with my pregnancy complications I would have been on bed rest most of the 9 months if I had tried again.
    Like you I have many fond memories of family vacations growing up. Most of our trips were to the Cherokee Mountains but each time was a different and wonderful experience. Like my sister Wanda has commented, those boys will take care of Mommy. Hope you are getting some rest in between those late night and early morning feedings.

    ReplyDelete