Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unto Death Do Us Part


      I prayed for my husband, I was specific in my request; please send me a: God fearing, Intelligent, Attractive, Loving, Hardworking, and a Family man.

      The first time that I saw how my husband interacted with his mother and sister I knew that he was a good man. Now, every time I see him interact with our boys I know that he was sent by God.  
     Just recently my husband told me that another one of his friends was getting a divorce and I began to think why? He went on and told me his friend’s side of the story and of course the divorce is because of something the wife did or didn’t do.  
     Then I thought back to my prayer. I asked God for someone that I felt equally yoked with, someone that I connected with beyond the physical. In our marriage counseling sessions we spoke from the heart and communicated our goals and expectations for our marriage, life and future together. (Which I think should be mandatory before all marriages.)
      I have come to realize that when our boys are gone it will be the two of us. Yes, I want to be a great mother but I need to remember to be a great wife.

8 comments:

  1. Again I enjoyed your sincere words about your family. I prayed for my husband also. My father was a mean man toward my mother and his children. I never wanted to be in a situation like that anymore.
    My husband met on a blind date and have been together for 24 years. The first time I saw him, I knew we would be together for life. He is not only my husband, he is my best friend. Our goals in life are very compatible. Except he doesn't like to go shopping with me and he is a die hard race fan which I have no interest in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meet my husband at a club while in summer school but we knew that a distant relationship would not work while in college. But we remained friends after our summer romance. We reunited after college.

      Delete
  2. You and your husband make a very attractive couple. Your words reminded me of my own situation. I also prayed for someone who believed in being faithful to one person. We have been married for 37 years now and we are still having fun.

    Did you update your blog? I don't remember seeing the picture of you and your husband. I will be updating my tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we are cute couple(smile). 37 years of marriage how great.
      I had a picture of my husband and boys.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful story. And you did a great job telling it- it's so meaningful and powerful. Have you ever heard of Susan page? She write some really great books about relationships and communication. Your last comment "I need to remember to be a great wife" reminded me of something I read in one of her books. You should check out her philosophies on Spiritual Partnership. (http://www.susanpage.com/spiritual.html)
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every young couple thinking about getting married should go to counseling sessions. Marriage is work. Hard work. You have to be willing to work with your partner. Sometimes it takes one partner to keep it together depending on the circumstances. Divorce is very easy to take as an option to solve differences. Nobody wants to compromise. Congratulations to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your story. You are very blessed to have found what you wanted in your husband. I full heartedly agree with your comment about remembering to be a great wife. As mothers, we often get so busy with our children that we neglect our spouses. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete